Classroom Course Duration: 5 days
Online Course Duration: 4 months
For course dates, fees and location please see our calendar.
API-510 Certification Examination
API Authorized Pressure Vessel Inspectors must have a broad knowledge base relating to maintenance, inspection, repair, and alteration of pressure vessels. The API Authorized Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification Examination is designed to determine if individuals have such knowledge.
The examination consists of two parts. The closed-book part tests the candidate on knowledge and tasks requiring everyday working knowledge of API Standard 510 and the applicable reference documents. The open-book portion of the examination requires the use of more detailed information that the inspector is expected to be able to find in the documents but would not normally be committed to memory.
API 510 Exam Preparation Course
This preparation course provides delegates with an overview of all parts mentioned in API 510 Exam Publications Effectivity Sheet.
The course is a combination of presentations and multiple-choice questions and answers.
Suitability – Who should attend?
Individuals who are going to take the API 510 Pressure Vessel inspector Examination or Plant engineers and inspectors who want to get more information on the Pressure Vessels Inspection.
Training Course Content
The applicable parts of:
A. API Publications:
- API 510, Pressure Vessel Inspection Code
- API RP 571, Damage Mechanisms Affecting Equipment in Refining Industry
- API RP 572, Inspection of Pressure Vessels including Annex B, (all other Annexes are excluded)
- API RP 576, Inspection of Pressure-Relieving Devices
- API RP 577, Welding Inspection and Metallurgy
B. ASME Publications:
- Section V, Non-destructive Examination
- Section VIII, Division 1, Rules for Constructing Pressure Vessels
- Section IX, Qualification Standard for Welding, Brazing and Fusion Procedures; Welders; Brazers; and Welding, Brazing and Fusing Operators
LifeTech Engineering Ltd.
Enterprise Centre, Exploration Drive,
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, UK - AB23 8GX
Phone: +44 (0) 1224 824112
General & Service Information:
- API 571 Corrosion Certification
- API 579 Fitness for Service Assessment
- API 580/581 Risk Based Inspection
- Asset Integrity Management
- Pipeline Integrity Management
- API 570 Piping Certification
- API 580 RBI Certification
- API 653 Storage Tank Certification
- Corrosion Control in Upstream
- Corrosion Management System