Classroom Course Duration: 5 days
Online Course Duration: 3 months
For course dates, fees and location please see our calendar.
API-571 Certification Examination
Exam questions for the API 571 Corrosion and Materials certification are derived from API RP 571 Damage Mechanisms Affecting Fixed Equipment in the Refining Industry.
The Body of Knowledge for the API 571 exam consists of the entire API RP 571, 2nd edition (2011), except for the following sections: 1.1, 3.1, 4.1 and 5.2.
API 571 Exam Preparation Course
This preparation course provides delegates with an overview of all applicable parts of API 571.
The course is a combination of presentations and multiple-choice questions and answers.
Suitability – Who should attend?
Individuals who are going to take the API 571 Corrosion and Materials certification Examination or plant engineers, corrosion engineers and inspectors who want to get more information on the damage mechanisms.
Training Course Content
Section 1 to 3 Introduction and Fundamentals of Corrosion
Section 4 Damage Mechanisms that are Common to a Variety of Industries
- Mechanical and Metallurgical Failure Mechanisms
- Uniform or Localized Loss of Thickness
- High Temperature Corrosion [>400°F (204°C)]
- Environment – Assisted Cracking
Section 5 Damage Mechanisms Specific to Refining and Petrochemical Industries
- Uniform or Localized Loss in Thickness Phenomena
- Environment-Assisted Cracking
- Other Mechanisms
- Process Unit PFDs
Final Examinations & Feedback
LifeTech Engineering Ltd.
Enterprise Centre, Exploration Drive,
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, UK - AB23 8GX
Phone: +44 (0) 1224 824112
General & Service Information:
- API 579 Fitness for Service Assessment
- API 580/581 Risk Based Inspection
- Asset Integrity Management
- Pipeline Integrity Management
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Certification
- API 570 Piping Certification
- API 580 RBI Certification
- API 653 Storage Tank Certification
- Corrosion Control in Upstream
- Corrosion Management System