Classroom Course Duration: 2 days
Online Course Duration: 3 months
For course dates, fees and location please see our calendar.
API-580 Certification Examination
The API 580 Risk Based Inspection certification exam tests the individual’s knowledge and expertise in the field of Risk Based Inspection. Questions on the exam are based on API RP 580 Risk-Based Inspection.
API 580 Exam Preparation Course
This RBI training course helps delegates understand all parts of API 580 and also prepare them for the API 580 Exam. The course is a combination of the API 580 presentations and multiple-choice questions and answers.
The presentations intended to provide guidance on developing a Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) program for fixed equipment and piping in the hydrocarbon and chemical process industries. It includes:
- What is RBI,
- What are the key elements of RBI,
- How to implement an RBI program,
- How to sustain an RBI program.
The sample questions will be similar to the API 580 exam questions.
Suitability – Who should attend?
Individuals who are going to take the API 580 RBI Examination or Plant engineers and inspectors who want to get more information on the Risk Based Inspection.
Training Course Content
- Terms, Definitions, Acronyms, and Abbreviations
- Basic Risk Assessment Concepts
- Introduction to Risk-Based Inspection
- Planning the RBI Assessment
- Data and Information Collection for RBI Assessment
- Damage Mechanisms and Failure Modes
- Assessing Probability of Failure
- Assessing Consequence of Failure
- Risk Determination, Assessment, and Management
- Risk Management with Inspection Activities
- Other Risk Mitigation Activities
- Reassessment and Updating RBI Assessments
- Roles, Responsibilities, Training, and Qualifications
- RBI Documentation and Record keeping
- Summary of Risk-Based Inspection Pitfalls
LifeTech Engineering Ltd.
Enterprise Centre, Exploration Drive,
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, UK - AB23 8GX
Phone: +44 (0) 1224 824112
General & Service Information:
- API 571 Corrosion Certification
- API 579 Fitness for Service Assessment
- API 580/581 Risk Based Inspection
- Asset Integrity Management
- Pipeline Integrity Management
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Certification
- API 570 Piping Certification
- API 653 Storage Tank Certification
- Corrosion Control in Upstream
- Corrosion Management System