Classroom Course Duration: 3 days
Online Course Duration: 3 months
For course dates, fees and location please see our calendar.
The Energy Institute GUIDANCE FOR CORROSION MANAGEMENT IN OIL AND GAS PRODUCTION AND PROCESSING provides general principles, engineering guidance and requirements for improving Corrosion Management practices in oil and gas industry.
It has been produced by an oil and gas industry work group with the objective of:
- reducing the number of corrosion related hydrocarbon releases and other safety related and environmentally damaging outcomes;
- identifying good practices for setting up an optimal corrosion management scheme, and
- providing an overview of the top corrosion threats to production and processing facilities downstream of the wells.
This training course describes the main elements of a corrosion management system.
Suitability – Who should attend?
Plant engineers and inspectors including Inspection, Corrosion, Materials, Integrity, Maintenance, Process and design engineers.
Training Course Content
- Policy and strategy
- Corrosion risk assessment, RBI and planning
- Implementation and analysis
- Monitoring and measuring performance
- Performance review
- Top corrosion threats and main mitigation methods
- Checklist for assessment of corrosion management
LifeTech Engineering Ltd.
Enterprise Centre, Exploration Drive,
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, UK - AB23 8GX
Phone: +44 (0) 1224 824112
General & Service Information:
- API 571 Corrosion Certification
- API 579 Fitness for Service Assessment
- API 580/581 Risk Based Inspection
- Asset Integrity Management
- Pipeline Integrity Management
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Certification
- API 570 Piping Certification
- API 580 RBI Certification
- API 653 Storage Tank Certification
- Corrosion Control in Upstream