Duration: 3 days
API-580 Certification Examination
The API 580 Risk Based Inspection certification exam tests the individual’s knowledge and expertise in the field of Risk Based Inspection.
Questions on the exam are based on API RP 580 Risk-Based Inspection, 3rd Edition 2016.
API 580 Exam Preparation Course
This RBI training course helps delegates understand all parts of API 580 and also prepare them for the API 580 Exam. The course is a combination of the API 580 presentations and multiple-choice questions and answers.
The presentations intended to provide guidance on developing a Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) program for fixed equipment and piping in the hydrocarbon and chemical process industries. It includes:
a) what is RBI,
b) what are the key elements of RBI,
c) how to implement an RBI program,
d) how to sustain an RBI program.
The sample questions will be similar to the API 580 exam questions.
Suitability – Who should attend?
Individuals who are going to take the API 580 RBI Examination or Plant engineers and inspectors who want to get more information on the Risk Based Inspection.
Training Course Content
3. Terms, Definitions, Acronyms, and Abbreviations
4. Basic Risk Assessment Concepts
5. Introduction to Risk-Based Inspection
6. Planning the RBI Assessment
7. Data and Information Collection for RBI Assessment
8. Damage Mechanisms and Failure Modes
9. Assessing Probability of Failure
10. Assessing Consequence of Failure
11. Risk Determination, Assessment, and Management
12. Risk Management with Inspection Activities
13. Other Risk Mitigation Activities
14. Reassessment and Updating RBI Assessments
15. Roles, Responsibilities, Training, and Qualifications
16. RBI Documentation and Record keeping
17. Summary of Risk-Based Inspection Pitfalls
Training Course Registration Form