Any business associated with the oil & gas, petrochemical, or other such process industry will have faced increased pressure to minimise risks and improve safety at the plant. But how is it possible? Risk based inspection allows you to minimise inspection costs and risks by using relevant software and techniques for effective inspection and maintenance planning.
What Is Risk Based Inspection?
RBI or Risk Based Inspection is a methodology used to assess and manage the risks associated with your plant by focusing inspection on process equipment. This analysis helps you to make informed decisions on inspection frequency, inspection time, and use of resources
What Does Risk Based Inspection Include?
- Assessment of process equipment essential to operations
- Creation of a corrosion management plan
- Remaining life Assessment
- A unique approach to identifying operational risks
- Reviewing technical specifications
At LifeTech Engineering Ltd, we have introduced a software suite, RBLXTM which enables you to implement RBI, make Corrosion Risk Assessments (CRA), Remaining Life Assessment, and Life Extension projects. Using this suite, we prioritise high-risk components, identify damage mechanisms, define inspection intervals, inspection techniques, inspection coverage, and remedial actions.
Perks of Risk-Based Inspection Services
- Significantly reduces risk and improves plant performance & safety
- Allows you to optimise the budget for inspection and maintenance departments
- Manage inspection and shutdown intervals
- Offers great flexibility to customise corrosion mitigation plan
- Eliminates over-inspection and optimises inspection methods
- Operational parameter compliance
- RBLXTM software addresses risk ranking and produces optimum inspection plans
- Offers great support for refinery senior management